Honey Hole Grass
The Proof Is In Our Products
Honey Hole Grass is Awesome!!!!
What a great experience! Just took it out of the box and dropped it where we wanted it in our half acre pond. MikeMcBunch Booneville, MS
Hello Mike, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you found the grass easy to deploy. Looking forward to hearing about how your fish respond to it. Thanks again! Your friends at Pond King.
Pond King grass in farm pond
Easy to put in pond. Looks great in the pond. Hope it gives fingerlings some cover. Hope to try other cover products.
Want to learn more about the Honey Hole Grass?Watch Product Video
Honey Hole Grass is a turnkey solution for providing protection for your baitfish in shallow-water.
Fish need cover for different reasons at different life-stages and throughout different seasons. Pond King's Honey Hole Grass was designed for early-life stages in shallow waters - and particularly with bluegill and other baitfish in mind. The Honey Hole Grass, when placed in water 4-6 feet deep, can help improve your baitfish reproduction and survival rates, thereby reducing the need for supplemental stockings and increasing your bass growth rates.
Habitat for Early Life Stages in Shallow Water
Like all the Honey Hole Live Series artificial fish habitat, Honey Hole Grass is designed to mimic the structural complexity and dynamic movement of natural cover. The flexible, dual-colored leaves and limbs are made from High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) to imitate live growth but are snag and decay resistant, so you don’t have to worry about lost lures or replacing your fish habitat.
Honey Hole Grass Artificial Fish Habitat
Combine several units of the Honey Hole Grass together or leave separate to create grass bed coverage across larger underwater surfaces.
- It's structural intricacy imitates the cover of submerged aquatic plants that attract fish.
- Super easy to install – just toss it in the water.
- Ideal for water 4 - 6 feet deep.
Each Honey Hole Grass Includes:
(4) 1’ Segments of 1/4” Galvanized Chain, (8) Grass Stems (2 stems per chain)
The Honey Hole Grass ships free via ground shipping in the continental U.S.
Honey Hole Grass Specs
The Honey Hole Grass comes fully assembled in the box, and ready to place. Self-righting design makes installation simple! Just toss it in the water!
Download the complete instructions.
Watch the video.
Recommended Depth for Usage4 - 6' Surface Area/Volume27 sq. ft. Product Height4' Product Footprint4' x 4' Product Weight7 lbs. Leaf/Limb Count64 leaves/8 limbs
Why is fish habitat so important?
Fish like cover. They either go to it to feed, or they go to it to avoid being eaten. Submerged vegetation is valuable as habitat for predatory species like Bass or Crappie and for forage species like Bluegill. Pond King’s fish biologists designed the Honey Hole product line to augment or replace naturally occurring aquatic vegetation to attract game fish (the fish that use cover as ambush to help them feed) and protect forage fish. Our artificial fish habitat is designed for pond and lake owners to help with fish population management.
Why use artificial fish habitat instead of natural vegetation or cover?
Natural vegetation can be difficult to control for a two primary reasons;
- Vegetation can take over the environment,
- Structure can, and almost always does, decay.
It’s not all that easy to manage naturally occurring habitat. Our fish habitat is intended to provide an effective and affordable alternative to natural cover types for a variety of purposes and objectives. All of Pond King’s artificial fish habitat is safe for the environment, reduces the likelihood of snagged lures, is easy to assemble and deploy, and doesn’t decay, and you can find it using your fish finder so locating your honey hole season after season is a a snap.
What’s the difference between the Honey Hole Live Series and the Refuge Series?
The major difference is that one series is designed to mimic natural “cover” and the other to serve as an alternative to natural “structure.”
The Live Series, with its dual colored leaf variation, dynamic movement, and structural complexity, is designed to imitate cover. In fact, it is the only artificial fish habitat on the market that imitates the dynamic movement and structural complexity of natural cover like aquatic vegetation and brush. Flexible limbs that move with current and natural appearances are part of each of the five different offerings within this artificial habitat line.
The Refuge Series, with its internal protective space and external habitat that provides cover for fish at various life stages is intended to replicate “structure.” Although the products in Refuge line are very similar to the natural structure sought by both juvenile and mature fishes as shelter, they are all constructed of flexible, snag-resistant limbs that never need to be replaced.
Is there any assembly required for the Honey Hole Artificial Fish Habitat?
The Honey Hole Reed, Canopy and Dock Dropper all ship fully assembled. The other Honey Hole products require some minimal assembly, which can easily be done in your shop or at your pond, but never with any toxic glues!
Is it hard to install the Honey Hole Artificial Habitat?
Absolutely not! The Honey Hole, and the Honey Hole Reed, Brush and Grass can just be tossed into the water from your boat or the shore. You just drop the Dock Dropper from your dock (as the name implies), secure it to your deck and you are good to go. The Honey Hole Canopy requires just a little more effort; you just have to attach it to a weight (not included), and then drop it the water.
Is the Honey Hole Artificial Fish Habitat environmentally safe?
All the Honey Hole artificial fish habitat is made of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and is designed to be assembled without any toxic glues or adhesives, so yes it is safe for the environment. In fact, given that it doesn’t degrade overtime and minimizes the number of lures snagged that land on the bottom of the lake or pond, some might even say our artificial fish habitat is good for the environment.
Honey Hole Products
Other Artificial Fish Habitat
- HDPE with added UV inhibitor is highly resistant to degradation from exposure to sunlight, temperature extremes, and acidic or alkali conditions.
- Environmental degradation causes PVC to become brittle, and long term structural integrity of PVC habitat in shallow aquatic environments is problematic.
- HDPE and LDPE used are biologically inert materials and are the same type of plastic approved by the FDA for use in the food storage industry.
- PVC is a mixture of vinyl chloride and phthalate based plasticizers, and other additives; many of which are suspected carcinogens and endocrine disruptors.
- Only clean, environmentally nontoxic, durable material is used to construct Honey Hole Artificial Habitat. LDPE is sourced from virgin material free from contaminants.
- The manufacture, use and disposal cuckle of PVC is not "green." The release of dioxin - a persistent and highly toxic chemical - occurs during synthesis and incineration.
- HDPE is source from recycled factory re-grind material verified for environmental safety and quality, to reduce unnecessary waste and promote sustainability.
- PVC can contain biocides that are designed to deter microbial growth which may negatively affect bacterial diversity in biofilm that accumulates on submerged artificial habitat constructed from re-purposed PVC products.
How should I decide which Artificial Habitat to choose?
Use this Artificial Fish Habitat At-a-Glance chart that shows the ideal depth and placement for each type of artificial fish habitat. If you still have questions, give us a call at (940) 305-0490 and our fisheries biologist can help you decide.