Honey Hole Value Packs
Honey Hole Value Packs
If you are having trouble deciding which artificial fish habitat is right for you, or if you are just looking for the best deal, you've come to the right place. We have put together several Honey Hole Value packs that save you time and money. These Honey Hole Value Packs will give you the most coverage for your cash, and each package was put together by our staff of fisheries biologists.
The Proof Is In Our Products
HH Value Pack #4
Just purchased this value pack along with several other habitat. Bgreta value for the money & the quality is as promised. I also have to agree, Jill was great to work with. Also, I love the hat; you need to have this on the website so we can purchase more of them - my son loves the emblem!!!
So glad the hat was a hit!
Jill customer service was very professional and my delivery was just perfectly done
Quality of material very easy to set up
Hello Luis, Jill is a peach, isn't she? We're glad you found the habitat easy to set up. Thank you for the review and enjoy your product!!!
Honey Hole Value Pack #1
If you've got a 1-acre pond or tank, Value Pack #1 is a good starting place. It won't get you all the coverage you need, but if you've already got some structure, this is a great little supplemental package. And, if you don't have any habitat, this will give you some structure at several key life-stages and depths. The Honey Hole Value Pack #1 includes:
Honey Hole Value Pack #2
Honey Hole Value Pack #3
If you've got a bigger pond, you're gonna need more habitat. Value Pack #3 is the ideal starter pack for a pond that is 1 to 3 acres. It'll provide the basic coverage if you don't have any structure in your pond and it's perfect to augment limited natural structure. The Honey Hole Value Pack #3 includes:
Honey Hole Value Pack #4
Bigger ponds have different needs than smaller ponds, and if your pond is 3-plus acres, you've got a bigger pond. Value Pack #4 has been designed to address the needs our biologists typically encounter when servicing ponds this size. This Value Pack will fulfill the basic coverage needs of your fish, as you add available habitat to existing natural cover. The Honey Hole Value Pack #4 includes:
Honey Hole Value Pack #5
If your pond is 3-5 acres, this is your comprehensive Value Pack; it contains a good measure of the cover your fish will need. You can always add multiples of the value packs for larger lakes or give us a call for a custom quote. We will build a custom value pack for you taking into account lake size, natural habitat, and your overall management goals. The Honey Hole Value Pack #5 includes:
Honey Hole Value Packs ship free via ground within the continental U.S.
Why is fish habitat so important?
Fish like cover. They either go to it to feed, or they go to it to avoid being eaten. Submerged vegetation is valuable as habitat for predatory species like Bass or Crappie and for forage species like Bluegill. Pond King’s fish biologists designed the Honey Hole product line to augment or replace naturally occurring aquatic vegetation to attract game fish (the fish that use cover as ambush to help them feed) and protect forage fish. Our artificial fish habitat is designed for pond and lake owners to help with fish population management.
Why use artificial fish habitat instead of natural vegetation or cover?
Natural vegetation can be difficult to control for a two primary reasons;
- Vegetation can take over the environment,
- Structure can, and almost always does, decay.
It’s not all that easy to manage naturally occurring habitat. Our fish habitat is intended to provide an effective and affordable alternative to natural cover types for a variety of purposes and objectives. All of Pond King’s artificial fish habitat is safe for the environment, reduces the likelihood of snagged lures, is easy to assemble and deploy, and doesn’t decay, and you can find it using your fish finder so locating your honey hole season after season is a a snap.
Is there any assembly required for the Honey Hole Artificial Fish Habitat?
The Honey Hole Grass, Reed and Dock Dropper all ship fully assembled. The other Honey Hole products require some minimal assembly, which can easily be done in your shop or at your pond, but never with any toxic glues!
Is it hard to install the Honey Hole Artificial Habitat?
Absolutely not! The Honey Hole, and the Honey Hole Reed, Brush and Grass can just be tossed into the water from your boat or the shore. You just drop the Dock Dropper from your dock (as the name implies), secure it to your deck and you are good to go. The Honey Hole Canopy requires just a little more effort; you just have to attach it to a weight (not included), and then drop it the water.
Is the Honey Hole Artificial Fish Habitat environmentally safe?
All the Honey Hole artificial fish habitat is made of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and is designed to be assembled without any toxic glues or adhesives, so yes it is safe for the environment. In fact, given that it doesn’t degrade overtime and minimizes the number of lures snagged that land on the bottom of the lake or pond, some might even say our artificial fish habitat is good for the environment.
Honey Hole Products
Other Artificial Fish Habitat
- HDPE with added UV inhibitor is highly resistant to degradation from exposure to sunlight, temperature extremes, and acidic or alkali conditions.
- Environmental degradation causes PVC to become brittle, and long term structural integrity of PVC habitat in shallow aquatic environments is problematic.
- HDPE and LDPE used are biologically inert materials and are the same type of plastic approved by the FDA for use in the food storage industry.
- PVC is a mixture of vinyl chloride and phthalate based plasticizers, and other additives; many of which are suspected carcinogens and endocrine disruptors.
- Only clean, environmentally nontoxic, durable material is used to construct Honey Hole Artificial Habitat. LDPE is sourced from virgin material free from contaminants.
- The manufacture, use and disposal of PVC is not "green." The release of dioxin - a persistent and highly toxic chemical - occurs during synthesis and incineration.
- HDPE is source from recycled factory re-grind material verified for environmental safety and quality, to reduce unnecessary waste and promote sustainability.
- PVC can contain biocides that are designed to deter microbial growth which may negatively affect bacterial diversity in biofilm that accumulates on submerged artificial habitat constructed from re-purposed PVC products.
How should I decide which Artificial Habitat to choose?
Use this Artificial Fish Habitat At-a-Glance chart that shows the ideal depth and placement for each type of artificial fish habitat. If you still have questions, give us a call at (940) 305-0490 and our fisheries biologist can help you decide.
What’s the difference between the Honey Hole Live Series and the Refuge Series?
The major difference is that one series is designed to mimic natural “cover” and the other to serve as an alternative to natural “structure.”
- The Live Series, with its dual colored leaf variation, dynamic movement, and structural complexity, is designed to imitate cover. In fact, it is the only artificial fish habitat on the market that imitates the dynamic movement and structural complexity of natural cover like aquatic vegetation and brush. Flexible limbs that move with current and natural appearances are part of each of the five different offerings within this artificial habitat line.
- The Refuge Series, with its internal protective space and external habitat that provides cover for fish at various life stages is intended to replicate “structure.” Although the products in the Refuge line are very similar to the natural structure sought by both juvenile and mature fishes as shelter, they are all constructed of flexible, snag-resistant limbs that never need to be replaced.