Honey Hole Reed
Big bass and other game fish like to suspend around flooded reeds and cattails. Our biologists developed the Honey Hole Reed fish attractor to replicate this type of habitat to help pond and lake owners manage their fish populations. The Honey Hole Reed is effective vertical habitat for fish congregation, and works especially well when deployed along drop-offs, deep bays and creek channels.
- Imitates flooded reeds – a unique, productive habitat type for fish
- Flexible leaves deflect hooks minimizing lost tackle – ideal for jig fishing tactics in deeper water
- Perfect for augmenting drop-offs, deep bays and creek channels
The Honey Hole Reed is a highly fishable substitute to flooded vegetation, such as reeds and cattails.
The Honey Hole Reed is made of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and replicates the structural complexity and dynamic movement of natural cover. Unlike natural cover, however, the Honey Hole Reed won’t decay or snag your lures they way cut trees will! It is self-righting and easy to deploy – just toss it into the water and forget about it.
Includes: (6) Reeds – 3 sets of 2 stems each, (2) Stainless Quick Connects, (3) 2’ Segments of ¼” Galvanized Chain
The Honey Hole Reed ships free in the continental U.S.
Honey Hole Reed Specifications
Pond King Honey Hole FAQ
- The Honey Hole Reed requires no assembly. However, for your convenience, two stainless quick links are provided to join three Reed segments together to create a large line of habitat. Check out this video for more information.
- To assemble, simply link the galvanized chain together with the quick links. The Honey Hole Reed was designed to self-right during deployment. Simply toss it in and watch it sink.
- Run the two middle connector tubes through a standard brick to attach weight to the log.
- To maximize coverage area, spread the leaves apart by folding them backward against each limb.
Download complete assembly instructions
- Leaf Count: 120
- Stem Count: 6
- Height (ft.): 8
- Diameter (ft.): 4
- Surface Area (sq. ft.): 53
- Weight (lbs.): 11
- Water Depth (ft.): 10 to 12
- Material: High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Why is fish habitat so important? Fish like cover. They either go to it to feed, or they go to it to avoid being eaten. Submerged vegetation is valuable as habitat for predatory species like Bass or Crappie and for forage species like Bluegill. Pond King’s fish biologists designed the Honey Hole product line to augment or replace naturally occurring aquatic vegetation to attract game fish (the fish that use cover as ambush to help them feed) and protect forage fish. Our artificial fish habitat is designed for pond and lake owners to help with fish population management.
- Is the Honey Hole Artificial Fish Habitat environmentally safe? All the Honey Hole artificial fish habitat is made of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and is designed to be assembled without any toxic glues or adhesives, so yes it is safe for the environment. In fact, given that it doesn’t degrade overtime and minimizes the number of lures snagged that land on the bottom of the lake or pond, some might even say our artificial fish habitat is good for the environment.
- Is it hard to install the Honey Hole Artificial Habitat? Absolutely not! The Honey Hole, and the Honey Hole Reed, Brush and Grass can just be tossed into the water from your boat or the shore. You just drop the Dock Dropper from your dock (as the name implies), secure it to your deck and you are good to go. The Honey Hole Canopy requires just a little more effort; you just have to attach it to a weight (not included), and then drop it the water.
- For more information, please visit our Artificial Fish Habitat FAQ page.