I used to catch a lot of fish before I bought this boat. Now I’m catching numbers and getting size on top of that. This UltraSkiff has replaced my Old Town Predator PDL and is the ultimate fishing vessel. I like that when I catch a fish the boat kind of turns that way and allows me to fight the fish and net it with no problems.
Designed to be self-stabilizing
The gunwales, outer deck and hull of the Ultraskiff are all merged into an inverted landscape creating a lower, more controlled center of gravity. This design has a unique self-stabilizing effect on your balance, equilibrium, and stability, increasing your overall confidence when standing, kneeling or entering/exiting the platform. You will be amazed by how confident you'll feel interacting with this part of the boat and how your feet will ergonomically match the surface while sitting, allowing you to exert outward pressure with your feet from virtually any seating height or position. If you need to make a firm hook-set, keep the boat aligned with a fighting fish, or turn in your chair while sitting on a high perch, your feet will instinctively reach outward for support.
360-degree fishability and all-day comfort
When fishing from a kayak, you often find yourself in an "L" position relative to the fish, resulting in a lot of neck and torso twisting to keep your eyes and body aligned with your bait. With Jon boats, you're sitting on a bench seat where you have to swivel on the bench seat, lifting one or both legs up and over the bench. But, the Ultraskiff allows you to achieve a 360-degree vantage point because no matter how the round boat turns under your feet, your vantage point and posture can be constant.
Easy to transport
The Ultraskiff is one of the easiest hauling watercraft on the market. It is easy to roll and lightweight, so one person can get it into a truck bed, onto a small utility trailer, or even a wheelchair or cargo carrier. Heck, one person could even slide it onto the top of a vehicle. It has five deep strap guides along the gunwales, and, when you remove the detachable pedestal mount, a large center hole making it easy to secure the Ultraskiff to almost anything. Check out the Ultraskiff YouTube channel for demonstration videos on strapping the Ultraskiff to a variety of vehicles.
Getting to your launch site has never been easier! The ability to roll the Ultraskiff like a wheel is a one-of-a-kind innovation and feature in the marketplace. The Roll-bar creates minimal contact with the ground and enables the boat to roll over the prow, completing the rotation. Plus, the Roll Bar also allows the Ultraskiff to slide on its side thanks to the minimal ground contact, making it super easy to move the boat on hard surfaces like docks or the floor in your garage. To learn the proper way to roll the Ultraskiff, visit the Ultraskiff YouTube channel.
28 sq. ft.
The Ultraskiff by Pond King comes standard with these features;
- Roto-molded UV Resistant Polyethylene hull with Rollbar. The rollbar is a ridge around the circumference of the skiff that protects the side when rolling, sliding, or impacting a dock or piling.
- Elevated Storage Compartments with Covers and Bungee Latches (3). Each cover has two access slots for feeding wires, anchor or dock lines, and hoses into the compartments while the doors are closed. Use the slots to feed cables and wires around the boat to keep the cables away from the deck.
- Battery Compartment. Holds one battery up to Class 31 Deep Cycle.
- Large Cup Holder/Utility Pockets (4)
- 5" Cleats (4). Cleats can be replaced with external rod holders or fish finders.
- Bottom Utility Inserts (4). Recessed disks located at the four corners of the hull bottom; use these inserts to mount magnets, brackets, and plates for transducers and pumps.
- Molded Tow Ring (4). Use as intended or as an anchor push pin holder.
- Deep Mold-in Handles (4). Handles located underneath the flare for lifting, carrying, and dollying the boat by hand.
- Strap Guides (8). These guides are strategically positioned around the perimeter of the craft to enable different methods of securing the boat to roof racks and trailers.
- Rod Holders (6). Equally spaced and perfect for creating custom duck blinds, tents, sunshades, and anything else out of 1 1/4" PVC.
- Skegs (6). Sternward extensions for tracking and hull protection.
- Drainage Cana. Designed to let water drain around the ring of the pedestal mount and through the primary tunnel access in the rear.
- Transom Plates (2). Stainless steel and removable.
- Stainless Steel Hardware (Bolts, Nuts & Washers) to attach a seat system. If you purchase the seat package from us, the seat system will be installed.
You can customize your Ultraskiff by Pond King by adding the following:
- Standard, flip-up seat
- Barstool seat
- Casting seat
- MinnKota Endura Max 55 lb. trolling motor
We stand behind our products, and we do all we can to pack everything securely. Unfortunately, once an item leaves our facility, we have no control over the shipping process, so it is very important that you examine your shipment BEFORE accepting it. Please see our FAQs for details on how to properly receive your one-man boat from Pond King. If you accept a shipment that has sustained damage, there will be very little we can do to make a claim for the damages to your boat.
The Ultraskiff carries a 2-year manufacturer's limited warranty. Any accessories not manufactured by Pond King carry their own manufacturers’ warranty and are handled directly with those respective manufacturers.
You can download the Ultraskiff owner's manual here.
It is very important that you examine your shipment BEFORE accepting it. Here’s how to properly receive a shipment:
- Inspect all boxes/pallets and make sure you have all the pieces to your order.
- Check the bill of lading from the delivery company to make sure you have all your boxes/pallets.
- Report any missing boxes/pallets to the driver and NOTE ON THE BILL OF LADING. Get it in writing!
- Next, inspect all the boxes/pallets for anything that looks like damage. If there is a punctured or smashed box/pallet, open it, and make sure that there is no damage.
- In the event of damage, you must report it to the driver and NOTE ON THE BILL OF LADING. If you do not note the damage on the bill of lading, you are confirming that you received the goods in perfect condition, and you release both Pond King and the shipping company of any liability on the shipment. While we will do what we can to help you out, ultimately Pond King is not responsible for any damage caused during shipping by a third party.