Honoring the men and women of the U.S. Military
For the past 24 years, Pond King has had the privilege of manufacturing American-made products designed to help people enjoy the freedoms of our country and of the great outdoors. We believe that the U.S. Military plays a major role in protecting those freedoms. We are blessed to be in a position to give something back to show our appreciation for the sacrifice our military men and women make for our country by giving away 5 Patriot Two-Man Pontoon Fishing Boats, one to a patriot from each of the military branches.
Shortly after we launched The Patriot Two-man Pontoon Fishing Boat, we were contacted by Navy Veteran, David Terhune, who was interested in getting a boat for his dad, WWII Veteran, Navy Combat Crewman Daniel Webster Terhune. The two are incredibly close and enjoy fishing together so David wanted a boat that would be stable for his dad. He was looking for something that would fit that bill when he found the Pond King Patriot. The idea that a WWII veteran would be fishing from our Patriot really struck a chord with us and we realized we wanted to celebrate more patriots like Daniel. The Terhune family, Daniel, David, Paul and Eric, have been a true inspiration for us and you can read more about them here.
Beginning on 08:00 July 4, 2019 (CST) and ending 23:59 on October 27, 2019 we will be accepting video nominations of members of the armed forces to win a Patriot pontoon boat customized with their name, plus all the fishing gear they'll need to really enjoy their new fishing boat.
We will announce the 5 winners on Veterans Day, Monday, November 11, 2019.
How to Enter
Choose The Military Branch you want to nominate below and upload your video.
- Select your Nominee’s military branch.
- Be sure to read the rules at the bottom of each submission.
- Check out our Facebook page for sample entry videos.
- Create a video telling us why your favorite patriot should win a Patriot, either focusing on their time in the service, or how they continued to serve their family or community outside the military, or why a Patriot would mean a lot to them.
- Try to keep your video to around three minutes.
- Make sure when you upload your video to your favorite social network that you set the correct public viewing permissions.
- Share your video with friends and family because winners will be determined by public vote.