What’s the difference between the Mini Pontoon Boats and the Small Pontoon Boats?
There are a couple of differences between Pond King’s mini and small pontoon boats.
- First, their capacity distinguishes the mini pontoon boats from the small. The Pond King mini pontoon boats are intended for smaller bodies of water, specifically ponds or limited access fishing on lakes, whereas the small pontoon boats can handle larger bodies of water.
- Second, the mini pontoons have all been designed to ship free to their destination … within the lower continental U.S.
- Third, and this is related to being able to ship, the mini pontoon boats all require some level of assembly - ranging from the DIY boat where you have to build your own deck - or the Rebel Modular pontoon boat.
Once I've placed my order, how long will it take to get my Pond King Mini Pontoon Boat?
All of Pond King's pontoon boats are made to order, right here at our facility in Gainesville. Once we've received your deposit, construction typically takes about 2-3 weeks. Then we’ll pack it up and ship it free anywhere in the continental U.S. (If you are ordering in from March-May, call for an estimated delivery time.)
Do Pond King Mini Pontoons require much maintenance?
All the Pond King pontoon boats are designed to be low maintenance with welded aluminum subframes, heavy gauge pontoons, and stainless steel hardware. Unlike a V-hull or Jon-boat, Pond King pontoon boats don’t require constant tarping or need to be bailed out after a storm. Once delivered, your Pond King pontoon boat can pretty much stay in the water.
What are the decking materials?
The decking on the DIY boat is totally up to you - although we strongly recommend marine grade plywood. You can purchase the optional finish out package and apply premium carpet. The decking on the Patriot is made of premium-carpeted, marine grade plywood. The decking on the Rebel Modular Mini Pontoon boat is custom extruded, tongue-in-groove aluminum planks with a skid-resistant powder-coating.
Do Pond King Mini Pontoon Boats require much maintenance?
The Patriot’s deck is made of marine grade, carpeted decks, and you’ll have control over the type of wood used on the DIY boat, so, yes, these boats are pretty rugged. You may eventually need to replace the wood - but not for years to come. The Rebel comes standard with an aluminum deck, so this boat will be very hardy. All of these boats will require less maintenance than your average V-hull or John boat.
Is there a reason for the cone shape on the front of the pontoon?
You bet. The cone shape on the front of the pontoon improves the boats steer-ability. We’ve specifically designed the pitch of our cones to keep the nose up – when you are speeding up or slowing down – and to facilitate maneuverability in the water, so the front end slices through the water.
Why do the DIY and Patriot have 4 pontoons but all the small pontoon boats only have two?
The DIY boat kit and the Patriot have 4 pontoons because we wanted to be able to ship these boats free. So, instead of one long pontoon on each side of the boat platform, we made two shorter pontoons instead. Functionally, on the water, they provide exactly the same stability and buoyancy as a single pontoon would, it is just that the smaller pontoons make it possible to ship free.
How are the Mini Pontoon Boats delivered?
The DIY Mini Pontoon Boat ships free via UPS in 4 boxes:
- Box Sizes:
- Approx. Per Box Weight:
The Rebel Modular Mini Pontoon Boat ships free via UPS in 3 boxes or can be picked up at our location:
- Rebel Modular Mini Pontoon Boat Box Dimensions and Weights: Two boxes with 2 pontoons each (38 in. x 31 in. x 15 in. at 40 lbs. each) and one box for the Deck (6 in. x 50 in. x 52 in. at 70 lbs.):
The Patriot Mini Pontoon Boat ships free via to any commercial address on a pallet via freight or can be picked up at our location. Residential shipping may be available, but please call for more information. The critical issue with residential delivery is the ability to offload the pallet from the truck.
- Patriot Mini Pontoon Boat Pallet Dimensions: 95 in. x 48 in. x 30 in.
- Patriot Mini Pontoon Boat Pallet Weight: 380 lbs.